- Feedback from respected mentors and friends is important, but there comes a time when you have to stop asking for opinions and start making decisions.
- Learning to objectively assess yourself, your business, and your life is critical to your happiness.
- How’s your RADAR? Learning to identify and act on those little cues and gut feelings is what separates the truly successful from the simply hard working.
- Adopt the Boy Scout motto in your business and in life: “Always be prepared.” You’ll enjoy a much more peaceful, stress-free life when you do.
- Is your to-do list overwhelming? Make it a point to do those small, 5-minute tasks the minute they appear on your desk. Don’t let them build up.
- A change of environment can greatly improve your productivity and creativity. Take your laptop and go work on the porch or at the library.
- Learn to recognize and name the triggers that cause you to procrastinate. When you can see them coming, you can take steps to avoid them.
- Treat yourself as you would a favorite employee, with small rewards for a job well done.
- Create a dedicated office space and train your brain to turn on “work mode” when you’re there.
- Lay down your ground rules…and obey them. You can’t expect others to respect your working hours if you don’t.
- Identify your weaknesses and design systems that help you avoid them. If that means you don’t open your email until noon, that’s perfectly ok!
- “Every journey begins with a single step,” and that’s equally true for large projects. Break them down into small tasks and you’ll have an easier time getting started.
- Find the tools and technology that can help you stay on task. Timers, scheduling apps and online calendars are all powerful tools for small business owners.
- Outsource! You cannot hope to grow your business if you’re still doing everything yourself. Learn to let go.
- Delegate the things you aren’t good at or that stress you out. Kids, spouses, and employees have a variety of skills and might just love doing those things you hate. Put them to work!
Check out my “50 ways to crush the things that are keeping you from happiness & success.”https://www.visionsintofruition.com/50-ways-to-crush-things-keeping-you-from-happiness-success
Leave a Reply